Read this comparison and review of the best ecommerce site builders on the market.
An ecommerce website builder? What is the reason I should need one? ?” However, this raises a lot of concerns and possible issues when it comes to choosing the best e-commerce website builder to meet your particular requirements.
Today, we will discuss the various topics to help you choose!
In the beginning, you shouldn’t pick an inconsequential online store builder and discover a year after that you’re paying excessive transaction costs, or that you’re not able to handle the design tools since they’re made for developers with more experience. In this article we will show you how to prevent these and other issues.
Thus, a great method to evaluate your online shopping experience is to consider it in two ways: (a) the goals you’d like to achieve as well as (b) what your personal needs are.
- Based on your personal requirements it all comes to how knowledgeable you are as well as how fast you’re planning to scale up. A builder that has many templates can be perfect for those who are just beginning But what if you’d like explore customizing the CSS and it’s not accessible?
- The next thing to consider is what you intend to achieve. This will be influenced by the settings, tools and features available on the different platforms. We’ll need to examine the the current state of ecommerce and the most significant developments that will affect the features you’ll require.
In the next sections, we’ll explain everything you need to learn about most effective eCommerce website builders available in the market, and how you can pick the right one for you.
Need to get your work done and don’t have the time to read the entire guide? Here’s a quick look at the best ecommerce web builders (last updated on July 20, 2021):
What’s the top e-commerce website builder?
|Price starting (per month)||$29||$23||$29.95||$26||$0||$0||$0|
|Easy to use||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||9 / 10||7 / 10||8 / 10|
|Designs (#, quality)||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||9 / 10||8 / 10||10 / 10||8 / 10|
|E-commerce is a feature of the internet.||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||9 / 10||11 / 10||10 / 10|
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the complete tableau.
The top ecommerce website builder tools for 2021.
Here’s the complete list of the top website builders tools for eCommerce which we’re comparing this moment:
These tools have been selected according to our expertise of e-commerce websites. These are the most effective solutions available to beginners and business owners looking to be part of the revolution of selling on the internet.
Shopify the top e-commerce platform
Shopify has always been at the top of the e-commerce market however that doesn’t mean that it can’t prevent Shopify from going further , and continuously improving their capabilities. Actually, some of recent updates reveal the future of Shopify as well as the market of e-commerce as a whole.
As an example, Shopify users were being intimidated by the editor for online stores. As time has gone by, this has been changed with the new and innovative online store editor. It was created to ease the process for merchants who are new. Furthermore, Shopify also now offers powerful tools to ensure your store is optimized for mobile shopping, the sales channel integrations handed over to merchants.
We would recommend using the Builder for Shopify over the alternatives because it’s utilized for more than 1.000,000 businesses across 175 countries and is a great tool for people who’ve never created an online store before. Additionally users who are more experienced may also benefit from Shopify’s custom CSS and design tools when they’re looking to get imaginative.
What are the unique features and products that make Shopify unique?
- The price is in line with other companies on the market The plan also comes with a simpler Lite plan, which is the least expensive plan available at just $9 per month. The e-commerce plan does not give the ability to build a website for your ecommerce capabilities as the Basic plan does, however, it allows you access into access to the Shopify interface and permits users to utilize”Shopify buy button “Shopify purchase button” on your website.
- The theme (store design) are among the best on the marketplace and are all mobile-friendly. You can pick from over 100 designs There are paid and free options.
- There’s a great integration of social media with you can sell your products through Facebook directly. You could also give to your clients gift cards as well as discount coupons, which can do great for keeping customers in the loop.
- The platform has more than 100 extensions and add-ons covering everything from accounting, marketing tools, design as well as shipping and orders and more.
- Support is available 24 hours a day.
- A free SSL Certificate included on all plans
What can cause you to be turned off of Shopify?
- There isn’t FTP access when you use Shopify and you aren’t able to modify the store’s files manually (can be crucial for users who are more experienced).
- The profiles of customers aren’t as impressive as those on other web builders.
Who should benefit from this website builder?
This is our no.1 suggestion for business owners looking to develop an e-commerce site independently and make it available for the entire public to view. Shopify is very user-friendly provides great options for customization and doesn’t require any programming skills on your part, which makes it the most effective website builder to build the online shop you have created.
Read the complete Shopify review for more information more. For more details on Shopify Payments check out our review here. For more details on the pricing plans offered by Shopify, check out our complete guide here.
Wix is another e-commerce website builder tool that was initially designed as a general web-building tool. That is, you can build any type of website, not only E-commerce stores. In reality, Wix offers loads of stunning web templates that are suitable for any market or niche you can think of. They also have mobile-friendly templates meaning that you’re prepared to receive customers and visitors from any device.
Wix offers a pricing plan that will fit into any budget. However! As we’re discussing the launch of online stores it is important to be cautious when choosing the right plan. Although Wix begins at $13 per month, it will not permit you to run the online site. The most affordable option for eCommerce is $23 per month and then it can go up to $500 based on the requirements of your business.
All plans let you accept online payment, provide you unlimited bandwidth and allow you to connect with a domain that you have created. The $23 plan will also give you 20GB of disk space as well as a domain name free in the initial year and $300 worth of ad vouchers. These are fantastic incentives if you’re looking to launch your online store with an explosion!
What are the unique features and services that make Wix unique?
- Beautiful designs and site templates for different niches of ecommerce such as fashion, arts, beauty, home decor and many more.
- More affordable as Shopify, Squarespace and BigCommerce for those who want to to offer unlimited products and allow the maximum number of customers.
- Fantastic tools for customization of your website, such as the drag-and-drop editor.
- You can modify your site’s mobile look separately from the desktop design.
- The Logo Maker tool to help you establish your brand.
What could cause you to be turned off by Wix?
- It is impossible to change your website’s template after you have built the website. This is a major issue and could make it hard to scale up the platform in the future.
Who can benefit from this e-commerce builder?
Wix is an excellent alternative to Squarespace and Shopify through extension. It has many of the same functionality but in a different way. You should check out Wix in case you aren’t a fan of Shopify’s features, interfaces and pricing plans.
Read the complete Wix review for those who want to know more about.
BigCommerce was once thought to be a second-tier competitor to Shopify However, things have changed and today it’s a full-fledged alternative. It has many of the same functions and it’s not restricted by any means.
The themes are also strong with a wide selection of contemporary options and categories. They’re also accessible via mobile devices and are mobile-friendly. There are both paid and free options available that can aid in making your store unique and in line with your branding.
What are the benefits and features that make BigCommerce different?
- Themes that are attractive and encompass all the commonly used categories and niches.
- You can set up an unlimited number of staff accounts, which is ideal when there are many employees working in your business.
- The user-friendly backend comes with options for coupon codes and discounts social media, and much more.
- Sell on Facebook, Pinterest, eBay, Amazon and Square POS.
- The support for this eCommerce website builder is available 24/7.
- App stores are brimming with choices.
What could put you off from BigCommerce?
- The cost of purchasing high-end themes on BigCommerce could be very expensive. A minimum of $200 is not unreasonable.
- Translations can be difficult and, in many cases, impossible.
Who can benefit from this ecommerce website builder?
BigCommerce is the software that is most like Shopify by the method it provides its functions, and the way it lets you create an ecommerce website and handle your ongoing tasks by using it. Make use of it if prefer it’s Shopify interface.
Take a look at the complete BigCommerce review If you’d like to find out more.
Squarespace provides a stunning website design interface, and includes some of the most stunning and contemporary templates available. It is important to keep in mind that Squarespace is mostly used for creating traditional websites, but it also has a fantastic Commerce plan that starts at $26 a month. All you need to do is connect the payment processing service, select an appropriate theme, and begin selling.
We recommend this eCommerce website builder for companies seeking a more contemporary design, based on media, and keeping a focus on minimalist design. There are features for design, social media as well as inventory and marketing practically everything an e-commerce store that is new might require. However, at the exact it’s not a good idea to create a massive website using Squarespace as that’s not what it’s intended to accomplish.
What are the special features and offerings that make Squarespace unique?
- The themes are far superior than Shopify’s (and you can also get themes from third-party developers if you’d like to).
- The sites are running smoothly, and they appear to load pages fast.
- The support 24/7 is very useful, and we appreciate the live chat assistance.
- Engage with customers with complete integration of social media and sell via Facebook along with Instagram.
- SEO-related features are effective.
- There are many great tracking tools to track your web traffic as well as sales.
What can cause you to be turned off by Squarespace?
- The only options for payment available are Stripe, PayPal and Apple Pay.
- Abandoned cart recovery is offered only with the $40 per month plan.
- Certain themes aren’t designed specifically for websites that sell products, so you should be cautious when choosing your theme.
Who can benefit from this e-commerce website builder?
Squarespace is an awesome “website builder” across the board. It offers a complete range of tools you could require in order to build websites. These tools come with e-commerce options too. However, we suggest that you look into Squarespace only when you’re not a fan of Shopify due to a reason.
Take a look at the complete Squarespace review for those who want to know more about.
Square Online is an interesting option if you’re in search of an e-commerce website builder.
In reality the Square company was founded as a supplier of hardware for storefronts for companies that were looking to accept credit cards. This wasn’t an easy matter just a couple of years back.
To this day companies can avail Square’s simple-to-use credit cards readers as well as cash registers and other tools that make their workday routines simpler.
Now, on top of that, you are able to develop a fully-fledged eCommerce store with Square Online. It is a breeze to use and the onboarding process guides you through the key steps with ease.
In the end, Square Online has a very attractive price. In reality, it’s an understatement. Square Online comes with an absolutely free plan. What’s even more fascinating (and unique in comparison to the other competitors) is Square does not restrict the amount of items that you can offer in your store using the free plan.
If you require more features and would like to have the ability to name your website more effectively by having a customized domain name, and not using Square’s brand it is possible to move to the premium plans starting at just $12 a month.
What are the special features and services they offer that makes Square Online special?
- There’s a completely free plan that doesn’t restrict the number of items or sales you can make. In addition, you have unlimited storage for your files and bandwidth.
- Paid plans are inexpensive, starting at only $12 per month.
- Square Online lets you set different types of e-commerce products such as table reservations, ticket sales appointment bookings, donations and much other things.
- Everything you sell can be put up for the standard shipping method, as well as delivery or pickup.
- Square’s renowned POS equipment makes it simple for you to start an online store and be integrated into your online store effortlessly if you want to.
- Customer support is available 24 hours a day via live chat or by telephone.
What could make you turn off from Square Online?
- There are a few features that do not appear to be accessible internationally which is what makes Square Online a viable solution especially for businesses based in the US.
Who should benefit from this website builder?
Square Online is a great option for two types of companies. For one, if you’re a business based in the United States already has an online storefront. You need to ensure that everything you’ll be doing online will work perfectly with what you’re doing at the storefront. It’s possible to get Square equipment that will seamlessly connect the offline and online aspects of your business.
In addition, Square Online is also an ideal solution for companies that wish to open the online site as fast as they can and not have to deal the technical aspects. Additionally these businesses will be able to later join the Square range of offline tools too. That means Square will be able to meet the requirements of your business whatever they may be. So, you’ll probably not need to alter your e-commerce platform while you expand.
Take a look at our complete Square Online review if you’d like to know more about.
Each of the ecommerce website builders mentioned above is “hosted.” That means you pay for an e-commerce service monthly and hosting is included into it. There are several options which are “self-hosted,” meaning that aside from purchasing the software used to create e-commerce sites it is also necessary to locate your own hosting service and make an independent investment. In this scenario the software for e-commerce usually is available for free and is open source.
A self-hosted solution requires an intermediate or beginner degree of knowledge about websites and the hosted alternatives are typically out-of-the-box solutions. The truth is the installation of WordPress and WooCommerce isn’t difficult. In fact, some hosting companies will handle the installation immediately after they sign you up ( SiteGround does this for example).
The most effective self-hosted eCommerce option on marketplace is the combination that we’re looking at right now – the WordPress along with WooCommerce.
WordPress is a web engine – a piece software for the web that lets users to create and manage websites in a simple method. WooCommerce is a plug-in that is installed on the top of WordPress to transform it into an e-commerce store that is fully functional.
What are the unique features and services that make WooCommerce unique?
- The program itself is free and comes with a simple installation procedure.
- If you are familiar with how to utilize WordPress it is a fantastic way to ensure you are able to expand your business in the right way.
- You have full control over your online store.
- You have access to the most powerful blogging tools
- WooCommerce provides a fantastic E-commerce theme, named Storefront as well as a few child themes that appear great.
- Since WooCommerce is open source and free to download, thousands of other themes are available across the web.
- If the feature you want to use isn’t built in WooCommerce, you could look for an WordPress plugin to aid in the implementation of. The possibilities are endless when it comes to this.
- Great SEO tools available.
What could cause you to be turned off by WooCommerce?
- You must buy your own hosting service and an individual domain.
- It is generally better to truly get into the details and personalize things.
- You might need to employ someone who is familiar with the basics of what they do.
- There’s no customer support available with WordPress as such. You only get the assistance provided by your hosting company.
Who can benefit from this e-commerce builder?
WooCommerce is the top completely DIY e-commerce site builder on the market. It allows you to keep the full control over your website and allows you to modify every element of it. WooCommerce as well as WordPress are both open-source. The only drawback is that you must be comfortable with certain things like servers and other things that are related.
Find out how you can create a store using WooCommerce on this page.
There are two perspectives of Magento for its role as an online store builder. There’s an open-source option that’s similar to the WooCommerce concept. It’s free however you’ll need to purchase your own domain and hosting. There’s also the hosted option, which is like the other tools listed on this list. It’s a bit expensive. Like, $50,000 expensive.
Leaving aside that, Magento is one of the most sophisticated eCommerce platforms available and is used by the largest corporations around the globe. It’s almost able to grow without issues, which means it’s going to be the best choice for large-scale stores.
What are the special features and products that make Magento unique?
- Ideal for managing stores with any size and amount of sales. Great for enterprise solutions.
- Frontend customization is unlimited.
- The backend is easy to use and comes with all the editing tools you require.
- Promote your product with discount coupons, wish lists and upsells.
- Many applications are available through third-party sellers.
What can cause you to be turned off by Magento?
- It isn’t without some learning curves if you decide to set it up by yourself, and so hiring developers is common.
- The hosted version of Magento is priced above the average ($50,000 or more). It’s a price which none of the other eCommerce website builders can come close to.
- It’s got so many options that many people become overwhelmed.
- You must find your own hosting provider and domain name if you opt to the free-source option.
Who can benefit from the online store building tool?
Magento is an excellent solution for businesses and stores that handle a large volume of sales. The steep learning curve is a challenging to use for those who are new or have smaller teams who don’t have the necessary resources to operate with the platform.
Read the entire Magento review If you’d like to learn more about.
The best tools for building an online store compared
Here’s the complete comparison table of the best e-commerce website builders:
|Price (per month)||$9
|Easy to use||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||9 / 10||7 / 10||8 / 10|
|Designs (#, quality)||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||9 / 10||8 / 10||8 / 10||10 / 10|
|Ecommerce has many features||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||9 / 10||11 / 10||10 / 10|
|Overall||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||8.7 / 10||8.7 / 10||9 / 10||9 / 10|
|In the word||The whole world is #1||Beginner-friendly||for fast-growers||Beginner-friendly||Online and offline||Bootstrap-friendly||Enterprise|
Found your ecommerce website builder?
If you have any concerns regarding finding the best Ecommerce website builder write a message in the box below.
Are you unsure of which platform to select?
Perhaps our chart of comparisons between e-commerce can help you.
or the match-up against Shopify, BigCommerce, Big Cartel, Weebly, Square Online, Squarespace, and Ecwid.
Also, read this article if you’re looking for the most reliable online payment processors.
The state of eCommerce in the present
Let’s take a look at the current situation of e-commerce. And immediately, the main issues that pop up are that more and customers browse their mobile before making a choice to purchase (1) E-commerce sales are growing each year [22 and a high-quality SEO rank is more important than ever before, with over 40% of shoppers beginning their shopping experience with Google [33.
How does it affect you to you specifically? Some things:
(1) Your store or, more specifically, your website builder for e-commerce must allow you to design an accessible store site that is mobile-friendly. Without this, you will not be able to attract shoppers from mobile devices and lower your profits substantially.
(2) You should take the initial step as soon as you can. Yes, sales are growing but what it also implies is competition rising too, so you need to take action quickly for an impact. Don’t delay, choose your ecommerce website builder now!
(3) Your builder should have a good SEO structure and permit your store’s website to benefit from it to the fullest extent. If your site isn’t SEO-friendly on the first day it will be difficult to retrofit SEO over it later.
What other factors are in play that could influence your choice of a web builder?
It is found that Americans have a higher likelihood of purchase from a business when they follow the company on online social networks [44.. This certainly prompts merchants to think about establishing a social media platform. If you go back to the builder that you prefer, it ought to enable you to connect your store’s functionality with social media quickly. The ability to promote and share your merchandise on social media is an important feature to have.
In addition, the last couple of years have seen the dawn of the customer expecting more due to the flood of information. If someone is visiting your website, no matter the builder of your ecommerce site that you choose to use, they’ve got the internet at their disposal. This means that people tend to walk off if they discover that your website is not running at a high speed. Customers expect choices for free shipping, no-cost returns and speedy shipping.
And If your product does not provide reviews and ratings and ratings, it appears as if you’re less trustworthy. There is a rise in trust issues due to the fact that online fraud and identity theft are increasing. But trust issues also are tied to buying. If a buyer feels that they’re not receiving the proper assistance, the blame is on the company. Same goes for delayed delivery or product malfunctions, and also the lack of transparency in the payment process and items. A good website builder for e-commerce will assist you in resolving at least one or two of these issues.
At a minimum you should be able to create areas for shipping (different rates and options based on the location of delivery) as well as allow customers to leave reviews and ratings on your items. Every one of the top eCommerce website builders come with these features.
The major trends to be expected in 2021 and beyond.
Many trends are likely to be observed as the market for e-commerce expands. According to statistics from the study, seventy-nine percent of mobile owners have bought something on their mobile device within the past one to six months [55. It’s not the most exciting information however it’s crucial to keep in mind that the current growth of commerce on mobile devices likely to keep going.
Another trend worth examining is the decrease in dependence on Google. Google’s search results have made it difficult for smaller and mid-sized brands to rise up the ranks in the last several years, and a lot of retailers are discovering it’s easier to reach customers via different channels such as Amazon (considering the majority of Google results are Amazon in the first place) or social media, as well as email marketing.
What is this imply for the ecommerce website builder of preference is that you require options that allow integration with third-party platforms, marketplaces, tools and other social networking platforms.
Fair enough…the trends could change. Some will be enduring, while others aren’t talked about. In any case the way you look at these factors will give you a clear idea of the kind of steps you need to take when dealing with your shop.
After you’ve had a time to consider your needs as well as the demands of the marketplace, don’t hesitate to revisit the list of comparisons at the top and choose the perfect ecommerce site builder with certainty!
Other resources on creating and operating an online store
- A thorough guide to making an e-commerce business plan
- The most effective method to establish an efficient drop-shipping business is to do it quickly
- The best Inventory Management Software
- You must have ecommerce tools